Zavio B8520 Extreme Weather Outdoor IP Camera, 5 MP Bullet, LPR Camera
The following items are included:
- 1 of PSPRO-12V2A 12V DC 2 Amp Power Supply, CCTV Camera, IP Camera, 2.1mm ($12.99 value!)
- 1 of PT-3 DC Power Lead, Female, Connector for CCTV camera power ($1.79 value!)
- 1 of PT-4 DC Power Lead, Male, Connector for CCTV Camera Power ($1.89 value!)
The Zavio B8520 is an IP bullet camera with built-in LPR mode that is designed to operate extreme outdoor weather conditions - hot and cold climates. The LPR mode (license plate recognition) of the camera can be enabled to capture plates at different speeds and light levels. Please Note: The maximum distance for license plate recognition is 40 feet. This outdoor bullet camera uses a megapixel CMOS image sensor and 3.6 ~ 10mm motorized varifocal lens that can be remotely adjusted from the camera's interface. The Zavio B8520 captures HD video surveillance resolution of 2560 x 1920 at 30 frames per second or 1920 x 1080 (1080p) at 60 frames per second. This camera is capable of using the all new, highly efficient H.265 video compression, which uses approximately 50% less bandwidth and storage than H.264.
The IP66 rated outdoor housing ensures that the vital components of the camera are fully protected from harsh weather conditions, dust and humidity. In addition to harsh weather protection, the outdoor housing can withstand temperatures ranging from -58°F to 140°F. The housing features a heater / blower assembly to maintain ideal internal operating temperatures. The heater and blower automatically turn on when temperatures get too hot or too cold (Please note that when using the heater / blower along with the infrared illuminators the camera must be powered by either 12V-DC or POE 802.3AT. When using POE 802.3AF, the camera can only use the infrared or heater / blower assembly, not both simultaneously.). The POE 802.3AT Injector we recommend is the POE-AT1.
For environments with high contrast lighting conditions, the WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) capability of the B8520 ensures that no part of the image is too dark or bright to capture. The WDR enhancement feature works by taking the brightest and darkest parts of the image, it then combines them to produce one high quality and balanced image. The Corridor Mode feature is ideal for hallways and corridors, it works by making the vertical angle of view wider than the horizontal angle of view to better capture long narrow areas.
The built-in high powered infrared LEDs have an effective illumination range of up to 40 meters / 120 feet and provide visibility in dark environments. The infrared LEDs on this camera use Adaptive IR Pro technology, which allows the LEDs to adjust their intensity to prevent image whiteout. It also allows the LEDs to adjust their angle to perfectly match the focus of the lens. Without the use of the infrared LEDs, the B8520 has a Color Lux rating of 0.05 and a Black & White Lux rating of 0.001. A Removable IR Cut Filter blocks any unusable infrared lighting and only allows the visible light to pass through, further enhancing the image quality.
A few more features of the B8520 include 2x alarm input & 2x alarm output, built-in Micro SD / SDHC Card Slot and two way audio support (for use with external audio devices).
NOTE: MAC USERS PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PURCHASING
This high definition IP camera is compatible for live remote viewing from both Windows and Mac computers in addition to iPhone and Android mobile devices. From Windows, the Internet Explorer web browser is used and from Macintosh computers, the Safari web browser is used. Mac users, this product supports live remote viewing over the Internet from a Mac computer, however, Zavio cameras can not record video directly to a Mac. For Macintosh users that are looking for a surveillance system that can also support recorded video playback from a Mac, we recommend using Zavio cameras with the NUUO NVR Titan recorder.
Remote iPhone and iPad access is supported using the Free iCamViewer app.
- 1/1.8" 5 Megapixel CMOS Image Sensor
- 2560 x 1920 Resolution at 30 Frames per Second
- 1920 x 1080 Resolution at 60 Frames per Second
- 264, H.265 and MJPEG Video Streams
- Removable IR Cut Filter
- 40 Meter / 120 Foot Smart IR Range
- Adaptive IR Pro Technology
- LPR mode - License Plate Recognition
- Please Note: The maximum distance for license plate recognition is 40 feet
- 6 ~ 10mm Motorized Varifocal Lens
- Variable 33° ~ 88° Horizontal Angle of View
- iPhone, iPad and Android Compatible
- Free iCamViewer iPhone / Android App
- Remote View from Mac Computers
- Remote View from Windows Computers
- WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) Enhancement
- Analog Video Output Through RCA Connector
- Corridor Mode
- ROI (Region of Interest) Features
- Micro SD / SDHC Card Slot
- Built-in Heater / Blower Assembly
- Operates in extreme weather temperature ranging from -58°F to 140°F
- Cable Concealing Bracket
- Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3AF / AT)
- NOTE: You must use the 12V DC power supply or POE 802.3AT if using the heater / blower
- 2 x Alarm Input, 2 x Alarm Output
- IP66 Rated Weatherproof Housing
- SSL v3 Advanced HTTPS Encryption
- Up to 10 Simultaneous Users
- Supports Samba Network Storage
- Supports ONVIF
- 64 Channel NVR Software Included
- Also Compatible with NUUO IP camera software
License Plate Recognition:
As of December 1 2015, the Zavio B8520 has an LPR mode built into the firmware that can be accessed from the Live View > Camera Setting menu. The license plate recognition mode allows the installer to setup the B8520 to record license plates on cars at different speeds. You can see the LPR mode settings in the above screen shot.
Product Spec Sheet:
Questions? Need a second opinion?
Contact us, we are here to help guide you!
We Also Recommend